Repurposing a suitcase!

I have a slight addiction to yard "sailing" and thrift stores but who doesn't right? Lately I've been seeing a lot of suitcases and briefcases. They always seem to be calling my name. I have decided to answer the call. There are so many ways to reuse such fine carrying/storage devices. The possibilities are endless! We have used a briefcase for my daughter's art supplies (which I plan on decoupaging one of these days to add a little flare)
 I have, in the past, stored my son's Lego's in a suitcase. Unfortunately he has gone off the deep end in the Lego department and no suitcase will suffice at this point.

My suitcase piece de resistance is...

THE DOG BED SUITCASE


How you ask??
Simple I say!

Find yourself a suitcase


Separate the top from the bottom.
In this case (no pun intended) a pin needed to be removed.

Drill a hole

Attach a small table leg (found at any hardware store) with a nut and washer.
You can also use finials adhered with epoxy for a chunkier, lower to the ground look.

Peel back the lining to attach.

Use tacky glue to glue the lining back.

Add a pillow and a warmie and
Ta Da! Mojo loves his new bed. 

I may embellish it to make it a bit more regal for MoMan... but this is all I had time for today.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts