Vegan peanut butter puffed rice bars.

It was a blustery day here in Central Oregon so I took the day off from running and attacked the garden.  Jogging with a jog stroller in high desert winds isn't so fun, but definitely a workout!  Luckily my darling baby love actually took two, count em' TWO decent naps NOT in the Ergo.  Which reminds me, I recently made some sweet teething/drool pads for the Ergo for only a couple of dollars.  I'll be posting a tutorial soon.  As for today I managed to squeeze in yummy goodness to reward myself for all my hard work.  I found these goodies on pinterest, posted by triumphwellness.com  Incredibly easy and pretty healthy as far as treats go!  Best of all my kids LOVED them!


2 cups puffed brown rice
1 cup oats
3 Tbsp peanut butter (I used cashew butter-I was out of PB)
3 Tbsp tahina (golmit) -You can use all peanut butter or even almond butter if you prefer
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt, depending on whether your peanut butter has salt or not
1/3 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
Instructions
Line a 9"square baking pan with parchment paper.
Lightly spritz the paper with oil spray and set aside. (I didn't have parchment paper, lightly buttering -vegan of course- works fine.
Process the oats in a food processor until it becomes oat flour.
Pour oat flour into a bowl and add puffed brown rice.
In a saucepan, over medium heat, warm peanut butter, tahina, vanilla, salt, and syrup.
Stir until well-combined.
Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine until well mixed.
Press mixture firmly into the prepared pan.
You can top with chocolate chips or melt the chips first in the microwave as I did, and then spread or drizzle over the bars.
Stick the pan in the fridge to cool before cutting into bars.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts