Chocolate-Sesame Bonbons

I love a raw desert! Something about having dessert being raw makes me feel like I'm being healthy while indulging. And we all need to indulge once in a while right? I found this recipe in The 30-Minute Vegan: Over 175 Quick, Delicious, and Healthy Recipes for Everyday Cooking
(love this book!)

Chocolate Sesame Bonbons

Makes 24 Bonbons
2 cups sesame seeds (I only had 1 and 1/2 cups so I added a 1/2 cup chia seeds)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (I used Pumpkin)
1 3/4 cups shredded coconut
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
1/4 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup coconut butter (or sub two tablespoons coconut oil, or a nut butter) 
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and shredded coconut.
In a smaller bowl, combine the agave nectar, almond butter, coconut butter, cacao powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt, and mix well. Add this mixture to the sesame seed mixture and stir until well combined.
Using a small scooper or spoon, distribute the batter into about two dozen mini cupcake wrappers or if you don't have those (I'm out) put on waxed paper.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Hide from your husband so you can eat them while he's at work, then you can say "Yes all I do is sit around all day eating Bonbons!"

You can get your 30 Minute Vegan book here:


Comments

Popular Posts