Door turned desk

I made this desk a long time ago but I really want to share it because it was so ridiculously easy and I absolutely love it. I found four doors at the local Restore in my area. If you're not familiar, a restore accepts donations of new and gently-used building materials and household goods, sells those items to the public at a fraction of the retail price. They use the proceeds to achieve Habitat’s mission to build homes, communities, and hope and do it all with the help of volunteers. When I first saw the doors I almost didn't buy them because I wasn't sure how I would use them. They were so unique I decided I had to have them (I'm not a hoarder I'm not a hoarder I'm not a hoarder, I'm an artist following instinct!) The doors sat briefly until I stumbled upon my second score, two weird small sets of drawers made rather crudely out of plywood with no top. They were the perfect height for a desk, and only $3 dollars a piece! I used left over paint to paint the drawers, modge podge and a fifty cent calendar from Michael's for the drawers and voila! A beautiful custom desk with storage!




Comments

Popular Posts