Being Vegan, a Blurb Mentioning Bill Clinton, Arian Foster, Dr Sanjay Gupta, and Geezer Butler


 

I recently received a comment on one of the recipes I posted
 (the vegan tuna salad found here: vegan "tuna" salad) The comment stated "This looks disgusting, you hippies eat some weird sh*t. Eat meat" I was taken aback by the comment. I am new to blogging and haven't received many comments. I was excited to read what someone wrote until I read it. Bummed, I deleted it without thinking.
 
It's been bugging me ever since.
 
 It keeps creeping back into my head. It doesn't bug me that this person thought it looked disgusting (although I'm not exactly sure what is so disgusting about eating any of the ingredients ~onion? parsnip? kelp granules? It must be the kelp granules)
It bugs me that in a day of vegan living becoming quite popular, there are still people thinking "what a silly hippie eating weird sh*t"
 
Long gone are the days of being vegan equating to being a hippie. My husband who happens to be a football-aholic came to me just the other day announcing "Arian Foster is vegan!" President Bill Clinton has announced time and time again how the decision to go vegan saved his life. Dr.Sanjay Gupta believes so strongly in the vegan diet he sells it on CNN. Geezer Butler, bassist, songwriter and founding member of Black Sabbath is vegan.
 
I could sit here all day and list the thousands of people who are not hippies and are vegan.
 
Obviously for many, being vegan is about having humanity towards sentient beings. Set that aside and discover it is also about healing ourselves. The food on our plate holds the power to heal or to destroy. The overwhelming health crisis we face in America due to the foods we eat is astounding. Cancer, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, every single one of these is related to what we do and don't put in our body. To eat whole, natural, plant based foods is looked upon as extreme? How did this happen? How did we get here?
 
Becoming vegan is a wonderful thing to do for you, the environment and of course animals. Becoming vegan doesn't turn you into a hippie (not that that would be a bad thing...after all who wouldn't want to be a H-highly I-intelligent P-person P-pursuing I-individual E-enlightenment right?)
 
To become vegan is to become aware of the fuel you're putting in the most
 important vehicle you'll ever own.
 
 Your body.
 

Comments

  1. I enjoy your weblog. Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing. Our team of doctors can help you to get rid of your back pain in the shortest period of time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts