Vegan Sausage Barley Soup

It's fall y'all!
Okay I'm not from the south but it rhymes right?
And it is fall. I looooove fall! I walked with Lil' Isla to pick the kids up from school and couldn't help running through the leaves! It was the perfect fall day, a little crisp nip in the air but a little warmth from the sun at the same time. The trees all bright with reds, oranges, and yellows and just enough leaves on the ground to make running through fun.
Did I mention I love fall?
Long walks through leaves in the cool, crisp air brings to mind hearty fall soups.
This one hit the spot!
 
Easy.
Fast.
Vegan.
 
Three of my favorite things.
 
Ingredients:
 
1/2 roll of Gimme Lean Vegan Sausage by Lifelight
1/2 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
48 ounces veggie broth
1 large carrot, diced
10 ounces fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup barley, uncooked
 
Directions:
 
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage with the onion and garlic until browned.
Add the Italian seasoning, veggie broth, carrot and barley.
Simmer on low to medium low about 35 minutes or until barley is cooked.
Add spinach and stir in until wilted.
Enjoy!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts