Meatless Meatballs

I love VegNews! Always on the prowl for delicious vegan recipes, VegNews comes through time and time again! I made these the other night. I'll be honest, I didn't give them to the baby because they have walnuts (YUM) in them and my son didn't fall head over heels. But my hubby, the pickiest of the pickiest eaters LOVED THEM! I actually heard the heavenly ahhhhhhh and organ music playing when he tasted them. I served them with spaghetti the night I made them and in a wrap the next day for lunch. So versatile! We like that right? Oh yeah!
 
Ingredients:
 
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped fine
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups lightly toasted walnuts
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice or millet
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chick pea flour
 
Directions:
 
Preheat oven to 375
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic, saute until onions are golden.
In a food processor, combine the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth
Add onion and garlic mixture and process until combined
Use a small scoop (or your hands) and roll mixture into balls
Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray
Place balls on cookie sheet and bake 30 to 35 minutes until tops are browned
Enjoy with your favorite pasta, make a sub, or put them in a wrap!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts