Veganized Magic Muffins!

 
So I've been on a 'make sure the kids are getting enough iron' kick lately. I made oatmeal this morning and added tofu, chopped raisins and some applesauce. The oatmeal, raisins, and tofu make up 20% of the daily iron requirement.
We had lentil and barley stew for lunch, adding another 20% but I want an easier way to get them the iron they need. You know, without them feeling like they are eating sooooo healthy since that goes against the grain at the moment. I was rummaging through the pantry and stumbled upon a box of Malt O Meal my husband bought. I remember him buying it and telling me he lived on the stuff growing up. I don't remember ever eating, or even hearing about Malt O Meal. I was checking out the box out of curiosity and found to my surprise it has 100% folic acid, 20% B6, and 60% iron! Guess what I else found? Malt O Meal's Magic Muffin recipe so I veganized it!
Yes, veganized is a word... I think.

Ingredients:
 
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup Malt O Meal (maple and brown sugar flavor)
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 almond milk (or non dairy of choice)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
Directions:
 
Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir together until moistened. Pour batter into paper-lined muffin pans, 3/4 full. Bake 18 to 20 minutes.  
Enjoy!

 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts