Vegan Rustic Fall Soup

Fall is the perfect time for warm hearty soups welcoming us home. I think my favorite type of cooking is soups and stews because you can tweak them as need be according to what you have on hand. I have to admit, my first born eats any thing I make. I attribute that to the fact that when she was a baby I was very diligent about what she ate. Fast forward two and a half years later to the birth of my twins. They are the worlds pickiest eaters! I attribute that to the hectic life of parents struggling to come up in the world with three small tots in tow. I just wasn't focusing on the foods I was providing like I did with my first. Fast forward again ten years to the present and I'm back in the saddle of providing healthy meals for my family. My point is my twins are hard to please in the healthy eating department so a lot of the recipes I post are family friendly, or picky eater tested and approved!
This particular recipe is one that's been adapted many times over from other recipes, I suggest you play around with it as well to find what suits you best.
 
Ingredients:
 
1/2 package Gimme Lean Sausage from Lightlife (vegan)
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 or 2 cans of diced tomatoes (fire roasted perhaps?)
4 to 5 cups veggie broth
13.25 oz box of whole grain rotini pasta
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
6 oz bag of baby spinach
 
Directions:
 
Brown the sausage with the onion and garlic until well cooked (almost crispy)
Add the can(s) of tomato
Add the veggie broth
Add the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste
When mixture comes to a boil, add the box of pasta and cook 8 minutes (you want to under cook a minute or so to keep the pasta from getting mushy)
Add the spinach and stir it in until it wilts
Check for seasonings
Enjoy with fresh rosemary bread!
Recipe found here http://lovesveggiesloveslife.blogspot.com/2012/10/rosemary-bread.html

Comments

Popular Posts